Sunday 19 July 2015

DIY Sunday...



Vintage Vibe Bunting

Hello guys, and welcome to another DIY Sunday blog! If I haven't already mentioned sundays will be dedicated to Crafts, and decoration ideas! Anyway for this weeks DIY Sunday, I will be making bunting for your room! As I said in my summer favourites blog, bunting can bring a real bright vintage vibe into any living space, but it doesn't have to be expensive!
For this DIY, you will need;
. Decorated paper,(I bought mine from the range).
.Scissors
.Strong glue!
.String
.A ruler,(optional)
.Additional decoration, (optional)
Fold your paper in half, and draw half of the shape you
want. Remember that you can also do heart shapes,
circles, anything your heart desires, but for this example,
I'm going to be using the classic triangle shape.


Carefully cut out your shape. Before you start making
more of these shapes, check that you like it be opening
it. Use that half to draw around when copying that shape,
continue to make them, but ensure that they are even!





Figure out how much string you'll need for your bunting,
and lay out your string on a table. Place you first shape with
the patterned face facing down.



Continue this process until you have your desired length of
bunting! I'd suggest leaving a gap about the length
of your thumb between each one! This is a picture
of one I made before. To make yours more
interesting try using different patterns of paper.
another way you can make yours more interesting,
is adding decoration like buttons to your papers!

As always thank you for reading Ellagram!  To finish, I'd like to leave some links to craft shops I go to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment